Frequently Asked Questions
We know that selling a house or going through issues with foreclosure can be overwhelming.
We’d like to make it easier.
- Are you actually listing my house on the MLS or buying it?
- Great question. We are not acting as an agent to list your house or display it on MLS. We buy houses in Connecticut that fit our buying criteria. From there we may repair the house and resell it to another home owner or keep it as a rental ourselves.
- What type of prices do you pay for properties?
- We have to purchase a house below market value so we can resell it at a profit to another home owner. However, if you’re in foreclosure you likely don’t have equity so we can often negotiate with the lender for a discount on the property. In the end, we have to get a fair discount on a property so we have room to make a profit when we resell it. But, we bring to the table a fast, no hassle, all-cash offer… we can close quickly, are very flexible on terms of the sale, and will buy your house in any condition. If thats what you’re looking for and you see the value in getting your house sold fast… lets talk and see if we can come to a fair win-win price.
(Download our free guide that walks you through the Pros and Cons (plus the cost and timeline) of selling your house to a real estate investor… plus learn the pros, cons, and costs of listing with an agent or selling it yourself. Head on over here download your free guide)
- How do you determine the price to offer on my house?
- Great question and we’re an open book… so I’m glad you asked. Our process is rather simple. We look at the location, what repairs are needed, condition, and values of comparable houses sold in the area recently. As you know, house values have taken a huge hit in the last 5 years and most areas still haven’t seen prices come back up. So, we take everything into consideration and come up with a fair price that works for us and works for you too.
- Are there any fees or commissions to work with you?
- There are NO fees or commissions to work with us. We’ll make you an offer, and if its a fit we’ll buy your house (and we’ll often pay for the closing costs too!).
No hassle. No fees. We make our money after we pay for repairs on the house (if any) to fix it up so it’s nice and pretty… market the house, and sell it for a profit (we’re taking all of the risk here on whether we can sell it for a profit or not, once we buy the house from you… the responsibility is ours and you walk away without the burden of the property and it’s payments… and oftentimes with cash in your hand).
- How are you different from a real estate agent?
- Real estate agents list properties and hope that someone will buy them. The average time to sell a property in many markets right now is 6-12 months. As you know, you pay a commission as a % of the sales price when you work with a real estate agent. Often times it’s 3-6% of the sales price (so if it’s a $100,000 house, you’ll pay between $3,000 – $6,000 in commissions to an agent). Agents provide a great service for those that can wait 6-12 months in many cases to sell and who have room to pay the commission on the sale. Our company actually buys houses. We don’t list houses. Since we’re actually the one buying the house from you, and we pay with all cash… we can make a decision to buy your house within a couple days (sometimes the same day). Again, we make our living by taking the risk to buy the house with our own cash, repair the house, and market it ourselves to find a buyer (which is the hard part in this market).
- Is there any obligation when I submit my info?
- No obligation at all. Once you tell us a bit about your property, we’ll take a look at things, maybe set up a call with you to find out a bit more, and make you an all-cash offer thats fair for you and fair for us. From there, it’s 100% your decision on whether or not you’d like to sell your house to us and we won’t hassle you, or harass you. It’s 100% your decision and we’ll let decide what’s right for you.